Obtaining N.I.E, Residency, Empadronamiento and Spanish Health Cards

Obtaining NIE numbers, Residency, Empadronamiento, English health cards -EHIC (The UK European Health Insurance Card) Spanish health card or private health insurance.


(Número de Identidad/Identificación de Extranjero) which is similar to a UK national insurance number. You will need an N.I.E number in order to buy property, file taxes, establish a business, open a bank account and for almost any other transaction in Spain.


New laws that have been in place since April 2012 which make it slightly more difficult to apply for and renew residence cards or papers. You now are required to show proof of income and health care cover. If you live in Spain for most of the year you will need to become a Spanish resident .


the equivalent of being on the electoral role in the UK, it allows you to vote, put your children into the local school, join the library and other local institutions.

We can help you apply for all of the above. Come into our offices or send us an email for help.

Health Cards

We can help you obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC will entitle you to emergency medical health benefits for up to 3 months. It will not cover you for most types of non-urgent treatment such as treatment for ongoing conditions.

Come to see us if you would like to know if you are entitled to the Spanish Health Card- Tarjeta Sanitaria

Click here for more information to what your rights are in Europe for health care.

We can get quotes for various competitive private health companies.

Please come into the office and ask for information.